Due to the Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we are postponing Karst 2020 until August 18-20, 2020. The health and safety of our event attendees is a high priority, and with the growing number of travel restrictions for both academia and government, and multiple states declaring states of emergencies, we have determined that we could not in good conscience continue with the meeting in May. As much of the programming and planning is complete, we are hoping travel plans are flexible and most registrants will be able to attend in August. We anticipate that the schedule and most events will remain the same.

If you cannot attend the meeting in August, we will issue registration refunds and will be in touch by March 27 with details on how to request a refund. We appreciate your patience with this matter and will do our best to address this in a timely manner. 

If you have made hotel reservations at the Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn, please contact those hotels directly to cancel or change your reservation. 

 If you are a presenting author or workshop facilitator that cannot make the August meeting, please contact us directly at

This decision was not an easy one for the local committee. We are very disappointed that we cannot proceed as planned but we feel it is the right one given the current situation. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we work together to arrange a safe and healthy meeting later this summer.

All the best to each of you and we hope to see you in August.

Karst 2020 Planning Committee

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s